My mom talked me into this color today.
"You’re 26! Live a little. Have some fun with your nails."
I only go for sparkles in the winter for Christmas or to celebrate the fresh, fallen snow. (SIDENOTE: Is it winter yet? I’m ready for the holidays.)
Anyway, I did it. I asked the nail stylist to paint ‘em up.
The more I stare, the more I go cross-eyed over the color. I feel light. I feel pretty. (I’m singing it now, too.) I feel, dare I say, girlie.
I’m channeling my inner-Princess Bubblegum.
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
There’s a fucking womanifesto for you.
- it’s okay for you to like skinny girls
- it’s okay for you to like skinny girls with big boobs and a butt
- it’s okay for you to like curvy girls
- it’s okay for you to like heavier girls
- it’s totally okay to like thighs or thigh gaps and big boobs or small boobs and big butts or little butts
- what’s not okay is telling a woman that she isn’t beautiful or sexy because she doesn’t meet your personal body type preferences
Everyone needs to reblog this.
a piece of advice from somebody who’s been through this a few times already: if somebody gives you a bad vibe trust your gut